A week ago, I accepted the challenge to join my fellow Pittsburgh bloggers and over 2000 bloggers from around the globe for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). You can read more about NaBloPoMo here.
Bloggers who are participating in NaBloPoMo are encouraged to share their posts with the other participants over at BlogHer by adding a link to this post.
Since there are several Pittsburgh bloggers participating, I thought it would be nice to have a place for Pittsburgh bloggers to share their daily postings. Tumblr is a great solution for quickly setting up a group blog. Meet the NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh Tumblr – nablopomopgh.tumblr.com and on Twitter @NaBloPoMoPgh.
How to join the NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh Tumblr Blog:
If you are a blogger, you live in or near Pittsburgh and you are participating in NaBloPoMo – you are welcome to share your posts on the Tumblr blog.
1. Send an email to Lindsay@IheartPGH.com requesting to join the group blog.Watch movie online The Transporter Refueled (2015)
- If you have a Tumblr account – make sure to send the email address that you use to login to Tumblr.
2. You will receive an email inviting you to join the group “nablopomopgh” on Tumblr.
3. Click “Join group”
4. Log-in to Tumblr
- If you have a Tumblr account, you can log-in to your exisiting account and you will see
- If you don’t have a Tumblr account – create one. You will be asked to pick a Username and enter your age.
In the upper right hand corner of the Tumblr dashboard you will see your Tumblr blogs. Your username becomes your default Tumblr blog and you will see the NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh blog as well.
5. Add the Tumblr Bookmarklet to your browser
- Visit http://www.tumblr.com/apps and drag the bookmarklet to your browser bookmarks.
6. Add your posts to the NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh Tumblr
- Click the “share on Tumblr” link to add your post to Tumblr.
- If you want to include an image – click the photo tab and select an image.
- You can edit the link and description in the caption field.
- Make sure to select NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh from the drop-down menu at the bottom.
7. Add some tags to your post
- Before you click “create post” – click on the “Advanced” tab in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Add some tags to your post. Tags will show up in the tag cloud on the front of the NaBloPoMo Pittsburgh Tumblr page. Tagging your post in Tumblr will also help others find your post. You can learn more about tagging on Tumblr here.
- NaBloPoMo November 2013 – List of participating bloggers (BlogHer)
- NaBlogPoMo November 2013 – Share links to your daily posts (BlogHer)
- NaBloPoMo November 2012 – Blogging Prompts (BlogHer)
- Pittsburgh Bloggers who are participating in NaBloPoMo November 2013