Today, October 8 is National Pierogi Day – we take pierogi very seriously here in Pittsburgh. One might say pierogi are the official food of the city and sports fans – during every Pirates baseball game there is a live piergoi race where the mascots race around the field.
While I was looking for some more info on National Pierogi Day I found the website and blog for Kiss Me I’m Polish. Kiss Me I’m Polish is New York City creative firm based in New York city – they have a lovely website – which includes a polish joke of the day on the homepage.
The Kiss Me I’m Polish website also includes a notes section with lots of interesting Polish information – holidays, famous Poles and recipes.
- Pierogi (The Recipe ReDux) (whatsforeats.com.au)
- A new spin on the good old pierogi (buffalonews.com)
- The Pierogi Festival (thesqueakyrobot.wordpress.com)
- Cooking Thought: October 8th 2012 (cleanyourplate.net)
- October 8th Marks Fourth Annual National Pierogy Day And Mrs. T’s Pierogies 60th Anniversary (sacbee.com)